four people were injured in the village of Bil'in


Bil'in - Palestine-Friday Loyalty to Martyrs Today four people were injured as well as dozens others that were tear gassed by Israeli Soldiers in the village of Bil'in, west of Ramallah. Samir Burnat (36 years old) was shot with two rubber-coated metal bullets in the right leg. Kefah Mansour (30 years old) was also hit by three rubber-coated metal bullets in the right leg. Ibrahim Burnat (30 years of age) was hit by two rounds of said bullets in the right leg. Finally, Mohammed Hamad (19 years) was rushed to the hospital after being hit with a stone in the spine. Dozens of cases of asphyxiation due to tear gas were reported. The weekly march organized by the Popular Committee Against the Wall and Settlements in Bil'in comes on the first anniversary of the martyrdom of Jawaher Abu Rahma. Participants included the Governor of Ramallah and Al Bireh Laila Ghannam, and many representatives of national movements, including members of the Executive Committee of the PLO. Members of the political offices of Palestinian factions were also present as were dozens of Palestinian, Israeli, and international peace activists. The march began after the Friday prayers from the center of the village in direction of the recently liberated land . Participants flew Palestinian flags, banners of the Palestinian factions, and yellow banners with the image of the captive leader Marwan Barghouti. Protesters chanted national slogans calling for the departure of the occupation and destruction of the apartheid wall. Protesters equally demanded the liberation of political prisoners, and urged Palestinians to continue the popular struggle.Upon arrival to the Abu Lemon area several protesters broke through the barbed wire, as settlers looked on from behind the wall. Soldiers then opened fire on the participants, using rubber bullets, stun grenades, and tear gas. At one point, occupying forces attempted to arrest the protesters, chasing them with military vehicles. The progress of the vehicles was halted by protesters. In total, four people were hit by rubber-coated metal bullets and dozens of cases of suffocation were reported on the part of peace activists. Mohammed Hamad and Ibrahim Burnat were transferred to a local hospital. Injuries were also treated in the field by ambulance crews.